FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSFind answers to common queries about Sheer Ambrosia Bakery and our delectable treats in our Frequently Asked Questions. Discover information on ordering, shipping, flavors, and more to enhance your baklava experience.
For example: If you order a 12-piece box and want an assortment of four flavors within that box, we would have to make four separate 40-piece pans in order to include the four flavors. That amounts to baking 160 pieces in order to sell just 12 pieces, which would leave us with a lot of wasted product.
With that said, Sheer Ambrosia is committed to making our customers happy. When placing your order online, feel free to call Sheer Ambrosia and find out what flavors are being made that day. If available on that particular day, we are happy to create an assortment of those flavors for you.
You can also freeze your Sheer Ambrosia baklava to prolong the shelf life even more. Again, just make sure to bring to room temperature before you are ready to enjoy.
NOTE: The shelf life of non-fruit baklavas vs. fruit-filled baklavas are different. Due to their high water content, fruit-filled baklavas’ shelf life is shorter. Where you live geographically and the humidity of your region will also impact the shelf life of your baklava. Remember, Sheer Ambrosia makes everything fresh to-order so you can maximize and enjoy the shelf life of your baklava.
We use only fresh fruit in our baklavas. For this reason, the fruit must be in season or readily available in order to make.
- Apple- and pear-filled baklavas may be ordered year round.
- Peaches, plums, and cranberries are subject to the seasons. Please do not order when they are typically out of season (see below).
- Blackberries are the most available out of season.
Here are a few additional guidelines for when our fruit-filled baklavas are typically available:
- Apple Pie Walnut—Year Round
- Spiced Pear Walnut—Year Round
- Peach Cobbler Walnut—June through late September
- Sugar Plum Walnut—June through December
- Cranberry Spice Walnut—October through December
- Blackberry Walnut—We attempt to source year round; however, if you order during winter months, we may call you to request an alternative. To be safe, you might want to put a second choice in the NOTES section of your order if you request Blackberry Walnut during the winter.